***UPDATE DEC 1 2013*** Not sure if the below hack still works (getting conflicting reports) … so I posted a new hack that will give you unlimited gems and money without jailbreaking. Click here to see it!
Ok guys, so I discovered a new way to get unlimited gems, but you have to be very careful with it or else you will get banned like me. So, please, before you go any further, READ EVERYTHING CAREFULLY BEFORE HACKING. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
What you need:
iFunbox (download here)
SQLite (download here)
Microsoft Excel or equivalent
In-Game Requirements: You need to have placed the desk in your home somewhere in Tap Campus Life. You know, the desk where you click it and send your email and get rewarded with a fancier desk? You should have access to it pretty early on in the game. If you scroll down to the last picture in this post before FAQ, you can see the desk with a tool symbol above it.
1. Connect your iPad/iPhone to your computer (I can’t believe I have to include this for some of you :P)
2. Open iFunbox – make sure you are exited completely out of the Tap Campus Life application on your device!
3. Find Tap Campus Life folder
4. Open the Library/Application Support folder and download the campus.sqlite file to your desktop by right-clicking on it and selecting “Copy to PC”:
5. Using SQLite, open the campus.sqlite file (right-click the campus.sqlite file and select “Open With …” and find SQLite).
6. Go to the “Browse Data” tab and select ZPERSISTENTSPROUT. You should see a row with ZIDENTIFIER as “emailCollectSprout_#”, the # being a number from 1-4 indicating what your current desk status is. Change whatever that # is to the number 3. It should look like this:
NOTE: Now, if you tap the desk in the game, your screen should look like in Step 15. If you tap the desk and instead you get a long-winded pop-up that prompts you to sign up for the email newsletter, you’re doing it wrong. Do NOT sign up for the email. You are still in state 1. Make sure you follow the instructions to change it to state 3.
7. Save the campus.sqlite file after you’ve made your changes.
8. Drag and drop it into the original folder where you found it to replace the original file in iFunbox. If you’re having problems, delete the original file in iFunbox and replace it with the new one. Same thing.
9. Now navigate to the Library/Application Support/Resources folder and find the HouseParameters.csv file:
10. Download it to your desktop and then open it in Microsoft Excel.
11. Find the row that says “GemRewardForSharingEmail” – you’ll see that the number next to it is 3.
12. NOW FOR THE IMPORTANT PART THAT MAY GET YOU BANNED!
The risky but easy method: Change the value 3 to a higher number – I recommend something 1500 or less (because a Boatload of Diamonds is 1500 gems and that’s the highest value you can acquire at one time through actual purchase). I tried 99,999,999 and that is way to high – got super banned. I tried 99,999 on another device and also got banned. And you won’t know you got banned until you exit out of the game and try to restart it, so be warned! Anyway, so the LOWER the number, the less likely you will get caught. I had over 10,000 total gems from the yacht hack and didn’t get banned before, so 10,000 is probably a safe number.
The safe but slow method: Or, alternatively, if you want to do it the slow way, you can leave the value at 3 and thus mitigate the risk of getting banned. Then you can just keep adding gems as needed.
13. Save your changes to the .csv file and replace the original file in iFunbox with your new file.
14. Open your Tap Campus Life game and find that damned desk.
15. Tapping on the desk should reward you with a popup that looks like this (except the gems number will be much lower because you don’t want to get banned like me, ha!):
16. Tap on AWESOME! and the gems will be added to your account! You can keep repeating this over and over to add more gems to your account. This is why leaving the value at 3 in the .csv file is a fine method – it just requires a lot more tapping.
17. Now enjoy your unlimited gems until the next patch comes out ;) This is screenshot of what my gem total looked like before I got banned – don’t get greedy!
Q: What do I do if my desk is already fully upgraded, GPG?
A: Not sure but I think you can revert to state 3 regardless, even if you’ve already fully upgraded. You might have to set it to emailCollectSprout_1, open the game, tap the desk to see if you get the email popup message – if you do and then you follow the hack instructions again for emailCollectSprout_3, it should work.
Q: What do I do if I got greedy and didn’t listen to your warnings and got banned, GPG?
A: First of all, I told you so! Second, the only way you can undo this is … well, you can’t. Not unless you jailbreak your phone and use UDID faker to mask your device ID. Here are instructions for jailbreaking and UDID faker. Sorry, can’t give you further help than that!
Q: What did your Campus Life look like before you got banned, GPG?
A: It was pretty epic:
Did you read carefully and follow the instructions exactly? Still have questions? Leave them in the comments!