I’m back from my India vacation (which was awesome, BTW – maybe I’ll post some photos later if I get motivated) and I’m returning with a bang – here is a confirmed working method to do the missile glitch and is works as of April 1 2013. And this is not an April Fool’s joke, I promise :)
METHOD TESTED AND CONFIRMED BY GPG:
Adas Synthetic Rifle – confirmed by GPG (best option!)**
Striker Assault Rifle – confirmed by GPG
Falcon Assault Rifle – confirmed by GPG
Krysae Sniper Rifle – confirmed by GPG
Acolyte Pistol – UNCONFIRMED (heard rumors that it might work)
Arc Pistol – UNCONFIRMED (heard rumors that it might work)
Venom Shotgun – UNCONFIRMED (heard rumors that it might work)
Particle Rifle – UNCONFIRMED (saw someone else do it but haven’t tested it myself)
*You need only ONE WEAPON equipped. You can equip a combination (ie. Striker and Arc Pistol) if you want, but it’s unnecessary. The glitch will work either way.
**The Adas Synthetic Rifle is by far the best weapon to use because of its straight, accurate shooting, large clip size, and rapid fire ability. You can basically just keep holding down RT to continually fire missiles as you’re strolling along. It also allows you to kill Guardian and Ravagers with one shot and not have to bounce your shot off the walls like you do with the Striker.
You can do this with any character, but the N7 Destroyer is the best because going in and out of Devastator Mode replenishes your ammunition.
1. Fire off all your missiles except the last one.
2. When you fire the last one, do not let go of the trigger! Keep holding down the trigger (RT) until you hear the “click” noise of an empty clip. To be safe, I usually hold the trigger down about 5 seconds between the time I fire the final missile and the time I do step 3.
3. Press “x” to switch to your weapon WHILE YOUR FINGER IS STILL HOLDING RT. Keep hold of “x” and RT until your character goes into the animation to switch to its primary weapon. It’s usually safe to let go of both RT and “x” when you see your character’s elbow above its head as it begins to pull out its primary weapon :)
Now, your primary weapon should fire infinite missiles! Enjoy!
Easy, right? Though this method “wastes” 5 missiles, it works 100% of the time. It’s pretty fool-proof. Here are some other bits of information you might want to know:
- You can’t be host and do this glitch. You can do it as the 2nd or 3rd slot in the game, but I’ve had issues with it working if I’m in the 4th slot.
- Yes, both the 2nd and 3rd person in the game can do the glitch simultaneously.
- You can crouch and take cover but taking cover standing against the wall will get you out of the glitch.
- You can do all the objective waves except activating devices while in the glitch.
- You can’t revive people while you’re in the glitch.
- You will stay in the glitch even if you die and someone revives you or you medi-gel.
- Use this glitch at your own risk – only do it in private lobbies if you don’t want to get reported, though I find it hard to foresee Bioware doing another Ban Wave considering they are no longer doing balance changes.
There. My triumphant return to blogging. Have fun racking up those credits!
What do you think of this glitch? Did it work for you (it should!) or do you have a better way to do it? Let me know in comments!